Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Pillars of Islam

Bismillah

As Salaamu alaykum and peace to all my dearest readers,

The Pillars of Islam

I was reading Benjamin Disraeli quote that day. He said,

“Seeing much, suffering much, and studying much are the three pillars of learning.”


Of course! I think he is right.


His words about pillars reminded me of something I have not thought about in quite sometime- The Pillars of Islam.

Do you remember what they are my friends?



Our beloved Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has explained for us, when he said:

“Islam is built upon five [pillars]: the testimony that there is no god but Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah; establishing regular prayer (salaah); paying the zakaah; Hajj (pilgrimage) and fasting Ramadaan.” (Agreed upon; narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 8)

As I reflect on this hadeeth, a few questions popped into my head-

How well-built are all my pillars? What have I done to ensure their strength? Did my daily activities contribute to their toughness, or the other way around?

What are your answers to these questions my dearest friends. I think it is time for us to sit and reflect, dont you?


Copyright © Sis Zabrina 2010
Sis Zabrina
Life Storyteller
Author of Life is an Open Secret Islamic Motivational Book Series:
Life is an Open Secret- Think about It
Life is an Open Secret- You, Me and We
Life is an Open Secret- Ramadan Special
Hidup Bukan Rahsia http://www.lifeopensecret.com

No comments: